Its complicated!! - Part I

He was on his knees. I have waited so long for this day. There was nothing I haven't done to make sure this happens. He might not like it but one day I'll tell him everything, when none of it will matter. After all, I took away his lady love from him, broke him, confused him and convinced him that he is lucky to have me. Oh yes!! I am mean and I am goood. 

We met during our first job. I was really nervous and as usual very late. I didn't know the place so I took a taxi. Turns out he knew fewer places than me, and drove like he's going to live for a hundred years. I cursed and swore more than, well most of the people and reached an hour late. The wonder of wonders, the damned business park had 10 buildings and no boards identifying them. I asked the guard at the gate, who told me a suspicious route to my tower. 10 minutes after starting out my pursuit of the building,  I realized I need help both actually and figuratively. So, I asked the first person I met, "Hey!! Can you please tell me which tower is H?". "Not my work", the moron said. "Oh! I din't realize that's a real job. Thanks anyway", I said and went ahead. Finally after half an hour I did find tower H. The HR lady was exasperated and looked at me with honey-why-are-you-after-my-job expression. I opened the door to the hall and voila, there was only one person sitting there, our friend not-my-work and that's what I still call my sweetheart.

"Hey! you here," he said. "Hey!! that's what I thought", and that was our only conversation for the day. It was a baaad day, I had to listen to the HR blabbering about their awesome workplace, had to fill at least 10 forms with a hundred pages and had to fill each one of them twice. Man!! I am clumsy. I can write a book on how not to fill a form with a thousand tips. What I hated most was that he was so fast and good at this that the HR was eyeing me like I was from a forest tribe. In short, I hated him. We had different departments and went our separate ways after that day. I had a pathetic team, if you call 3 people sitting in a row, a team. So, all in all life was going awesome. After a week into my sorry existence, I was taking lunch and all of a sudden someone bumped into me and I dropped the plate. Every head moved in my direction, I was furious and looked up. There he was, looks like his job was to make my life hell. 

"What is wrong with you? What do you want from me?", I yelled at him. "I am sorry. I didn't do it on purpose," he said. "You better be. Be thankful I haven't broken your jaw yet," I was feeling like he was responsible for all my miseries. "Hey!! watch yourself. I just bumped into you, I haven't shot you. Besides I have said sorry". "Ooh!! Mr. not-my-job said sorry. Oh thank God!! what would I have done without your sorry. Listen you wretched man-kid, this is a place to have food, not to play catch me if you can. Now take your silly face and disappear from here, or I am going to punch you so hard that search parties will have to be sent to look for you". "Hey!! cool down madam hulk, or I'll just take you out of this building and leave you at the gate. Then you will be sending out search parties to find this tower," he said and winked. Oh! I am going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All That There Was - Part I

Its Complicated!! - Part II