All That There Was - Part I


I was standing there with a knife dripping with his blood, so much blood. His face was as serene as ever. In the other hand I was holding the letter. I wish Id been there earlier. It might have made all the difference. So all I can tell you is why he was murdered. I murdered him, I murdered my love, not with the knife but with my arrogance. I stood rooted to the place, not even the cops entering our home could make me move. Mam!!! Mam!! You ok? Mam are you hurt? Please hand us the knife,it was like their sound was reaching me through a long tunnel.


Baby!! My baby!! How are you darling?my mother was crying inconsolably. I looked up at her, but even she couldnt break my trance. I tried to see her face, but all I could see was him. Sparkling eyes, smiling lips, a small and pointed nose, calm expression, that man was a depiction of serenity at its best. That man looked the same even in his death, like he is telling me that he has forgiven me. We were in the middle of a war when we first met, a gaming night with my friends, we were playing War of the lords. Who knew well be in a real battle one day. You are not going there,one of the few times he was angry. Honey! Im a doctor, and he needs my help. How can I not help him?I said. He is dangerous, and he is in love with you. Is it that difficult to understand?he said. Please dont go. Im worried for you. He is a nut case,he said. Honey! have some respect pleaseI am a psychiatrist, half of my patients are nut cases according to your criteria. That doesnt mean theyll harm me,I said and started off. I never knew my work will literally eat up my love.
How are you?I asked. I am better. Thanks for asking,Parth said. Would you like to have something? Tea? Coffee? Water?I asked. Why did you leave me?he was hallucinating again. Who left you?I said. You. Dont you understand how much I love you? You are my life. I cant live without you. Dont leave me,he started crying. Im right here. I never left you,I said. Im not talking to you,he said. He was scared. I went to him and put my hand on his shoulder. Who is leaving you?I almost whispered in his ear. My wife. I love her dearly, I tried to stop her but she doesnt listen. Doctor please stop her. She doesnt understand he is coming after her. He has a knife. He killed my friend too,he started sobbing. Theres no one there, have a look again,I said. No I cant. Hell kill her. Hell stab her. Please doc, warn her. Warn her!!! Warn her!!he started screaming. Calm down!! Wait!! Hey look out, look theres someone behind your back. Go ahead and kick him,I said to the wall in front of us. There she just kicked him. See!! He is scared of her. Take a look, he is running away,I told him. You saved her doctor, you saved her. Youre an angel. You are so brave darling, Im proud of you wifie,he said and touched my cheek as usual. I just smiled at him and waited for the passing of his yet another hallucination episode. Parth is a nice man, pleasant with everyone, but seems like my husband is right, he is in love with me, actually not me, with his wifie.

Comments

  1. Ahaan... Nice one again... Makes me wonder what will happen next.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Its complicated!! - Part I

Its Complicated!! - Part II