All that there was - Part II



Why did you kill him? asked the cop sitting in front of me. I looked around, I seem to be in some dimly lit room. What is he saying? Why would I kill my own husband? I loved him dearly. He killed him, that hallucinating nut case. Didnt they read his letter? I should have listened to my husband, shouldve stayed away from Parths case. The cop is saying something, look this act of yours is not going to work. There came another voice, Maybe she needs psychiatrist. What if she killed him in her psychosis? The neighbor said they seemed to be a happy couple but she had some trouble, sleep walking and hallucinations. Nonsense, I never sleep walk, that must be the stupid old lady who just moved in the neighborhood. I have told her a hundred times, seems like she suffers from hallucinations.

Nonsense they all try to play the psychosis game whenever we catch them in the act. Look lady! You cant save yourself like this. Tell me what happened between you two yesterday? Why is he shouting, nothing happened. I went to work as usual. I saw that murderer at noon, I even promised to help him. After that I had my lunch andI was standing there with the knife in my hand. But I was having my lunch. How did I reach there? Maybe its due to the shock. I tried to concentrate, nothingI remember nothing!! Why cant I remember anything? Whats happening? I am freaking out. How dare you bring my daughter here like this? I am going to call your superiors, I am going to call the press here and tell them about your atrocities. My girl needs medical attention right now, cant you see she is in a state of shock, my mother was shouting so loud at the cops. Stop mother, my head hurts.

I woke in a room full of lights, my mother is sitting besides me and a lady cop is sitting outside the room. I tried to focus, it looks like a hospital room. A cop entered, my mother was fighting with him. Maam!! There is no such patient. I didnt find any record of her seeing a patient on the days you told me. She in fact was on leave on those days. Frankly maam either your daughter needs a psychiatrist herself or you all are brilliant actors, but Ill find out. I wont let her get away with this, the cop said and left. Dont you understand? Its all pre-planned. Someone is trying to frame her, my mother shouted again. Baby!! Please wake up. I need you, only you can tell them the truth. Darling! Please listen to the pleas of your mother, please help me save you, she was crying again. I need to focus, I need to remember. Did I? No its not possible, I didnt take even a single leave this month. I couldnt possibly kill him. I will remember everything. I will, I have to.

Hey baby!! How are you feeling? I opened my eyes and there he was. The most serene eyes and sparkly smile. What happened doc? Remember me? And all of a sudden he was not my husband, he was Parth, choking me. I told you not to come near my wife. I couldn't breathe I tried to say something but couldn't. While my body was going numb, my mind was racing. There was fruit basket lying on the table with a knife in it. I picked up the knife and swung it in the air. Blood! There was blood everywhere and he was not moving. I woke up, screaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its complicated!! - Part I

All That There Was - Part I

Its Complicated!! - Part II