She was here - Part I

I was holding her lifeless body in my arms. I was just staring at her trying to make sense of it. She would have been alive if she had listened to me. She just never listens. I feel like my breath is caught somewhere inside my throat. I have to run, otherwise they'll kill me too. I hear footsteps and start running. My foot is hurting, I trying to run as fast as I can but they are catching up fast. Someone has hit me from behind. I am falling. I am surely going to die here. I woke up, crying and screaming. 

Its been years and she still haunts me. If only I knew who she is, why do I feel like I know her. I was seven when I first saw her in my dream. It felt like such a loss at that time that I was scared to go back to sleep. I slept with my parents for 3 months after that. I am 15, and I still see her. The nightmare has become more frequent and the feelings of loss and fear intense. I often speak to my parents about her, but they just shrug it off as a silly nightmare. I must confess, it has really started to bother me, I am scared to go sleep. The nightmare is getting vivid with time, at times I hear her screams, then at other times I hear her telling me to run to the cottage, sometimes I even hear her calling my name. 

"Hey kid! slept well?", asked my elder brother. He is 10 years elder to me and always calls me kid just to tease me. "Ï am 15, for God's sake". "Stop fighting you two. How's my baby?", my mother patted me. "Again Mom! I am 15. I am not a baby or a kid". "Nonsense! you'll always remain my baby". "And you'll always wake up shrieking", said my brother. "Again? Why didn't you tell me?", my mother was worried. I was really tired from this family drama so I left for school on my bicycle. Ours was a small picturesque town. Winter had just started, I was really enjoying the whether when I saw her again. She was standing right in front of me, in the same cream dress, her hair down and that beautiful face. She was smiling at me. Fear gripped me, I was about to hit her with my bicycle. I applied brakes, but that dis balanced me and I fell down. I was scared to look up, and was thinking about running when my brother came running from behind. "You okay? Are you hurt?". She is here, she is right here... they'll come too......... they'll kill me...................", I was hysterical. "Who is there? Vichaar what's going on baby? There's no one there. Look". I looked up and she was gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its complicated!! - Part I

All That There Was - Part I

Its Complicated!! - Part II