She was here - Part II

I sat there for quite sometime. My brother kept on hugging and soothing me. "It's okay kid. There's no one here". People had gathered around us. We stood up and started towards my school. My brother accompanied till there and then went about to his own work. I was preoccupied with what happened to me whole day. "Hey buddy! Are you all right? You look like you have seen a ghost", said my best friend, Aadit. Have I?  I told him everything. "Dude! I think you need therapy. You should talk to your parents about going to a shrink". "What? I am not crazy. I don't need a shrink". "Come on! It's not about going crazy. It may just be the stress of studies and that stupid nightmare may just be an indication of that".

In the evening I kept thinking about my conversation with Aadit. "You okay baby? Saddy told me about what happened today", my mother looked at me, worried. "I am fine Mom. Saddy is exaggerating as always", I said. "On a second thought, I think I should go for therapy", I looked at my mother. "Nonsense! you are not crazy. You are just stressed about studies, you should play more outdoor games. You kids now a days are too much into social media and TV nonsense, this effects your health. Who gave you such stupid idea anyway? People say anything these days, you don't need to pay heed to them", my mother kept on muttering things long after I had left the kitchen. Come on Mom! keep your hair on, I haven't said that I am an addict or something. It must be Saddy, he must have said something. My big brother can be a pain in.. well.. a lot of places.

That night I was a bit skeptical about sleeping alone. Guess who volunteered? Saddy. That idiot started snoring as soon as he hit the pillow. I guess that's another way of keeping me from having that dream again, not letting me sleep. I slept after sometime anyway. There she was standing in the same cream dress. They are coming baby, let me hide you. I won't let anything happen to you. But she couldn't save herself. They killed her. I kept on weeping and holding her lifeless body. I woke up shrieking. Saddy was sleeping peacefully. I was scared beyond words. I went to my parent's room, they were talking. "Do you think it's possible?", Mom was saying something. "Are you mad? She is dead. Dead people don't come back", said Dad. "What if? People all over the world talk about seeing ghosts". "You have lost your mind. There is no such thing as ghost". "How did he see her then? Why now? On her death anniversary. After all he did..". "Shut up!! you are talking nonsense. He might have seen a picture of her somewhere. There is no ghost. And don't dare you say that again, he didn't see anything. He knows nothing".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its complicated!! - Part I

All That There Was - Part I

Its Complicated!! - Part II